Thursday, September 30, 2010

This Is A Mommy Moment

"MOM, MOM, MOM....MONKEY IS EATING DIRT!!!" Yells my oldest daughter.
No way..how could she be eating dirt in the house? I was just packing up the diaper bag & after spending 30 minutes getting everyone ready to go out the door,So I turn around and THIS is what I saw......


A million things went through my head. "where did she get dirt in the 2 seconds that I turned around, Mr.T is a dead man(it was from his construction boots covered in Mud),how do I wash this out of her mouth?, is not like she knows how to spit;I just spent forever getting her dressed to go out now I have to dress her again, wash her down. And ewww did I say that combined with her spit it was turing into its own milkshake? It better just be dirt cause it was on the bottom of his boot, it can't be dog poo!!! It is dirt. So I smell it. Okay not too sure. So I taste it. why am I tasting this? I guess for my peace of mind. Okay it is just dirt! Thank the lord. This is a situation that really made me remind myself that I am a Mom!


3 comments:

  1. I can totally empathize! One day, you will look back and laugh. :)

    Following you from MBC. Would love a follow back.

    Have a great weekend!
    Ruthie Joyce
    www.mysocalledhomeschoollife.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Stopping by from MBC. Great blog.
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh. Way to see the bright side -- it was just dirt! Phew! (She's adorable, by the way.)

    Hope you won't mind if I mention the holiday recipe contest we're hosting on our blog. The winner gets 200 dollars to Williams-Sonoma! Hope you'll enter something yummy -- here's where to enter: http://www.classesandcareers.com/education/2010/11/03/the-busy-moms-holiday-recipe-contest/.

    Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete